Thursday, September 16, 2010

NFL Week 2 Bettor's Guide

(I'm REALLY excited to see Vick start again. Sucks that it's gotta be the damn Eagles of all teams, but whaddyagonnado.)

Last week was bad. Real bad.

W/L: 7-9
ATS: 4-10-2
O/U: 7-8-1

(+115) Kansas City Chiefs
(-135) CLEVELAND BROWNS (-2)
O/U 39
KC can run the ball, Cleveland can't stop the run. Simple as that. That Chiefs defense will stop whatever Cleveland can muster on offense. I've decided I'm rooting for KC this year, so I hope Matt Cassel doesn't throw any of these easy games away. Chiefs 34 Browns 13

(+460) Buffalo Bills
(-650) GREEN BAY PACKERS (13.5)
O/U 43
I'd consider taking those points in Buffalo. Actually now that I look at it, I think it'll be closer than I originally thought. To the 14 points, I mean. Bills 10 Packers 27

(-140) Baltimore Ravens (-2.5)
(+120) CINCINNATI BENGALS
O/U 40
I'm probably insane for this, but Ravens 17 Bengals 20. Not giving up on these guys yet. Just get to Flacco and keep Carson on his feet.

(+195) Pittsburgh Steelers
(-235) TENNESSEE TITANS (-5)
O/U 36.5
Trouncing the Raiders was impressive, but the Steel Curtain is a whole other animal. I still think Tennessee wins, but it won't be pretty. Steelers 17 Titans 20. I actually had a dream a couple nights ago in which I checked the score of this game and Chris Johnson had 30 carries for 330 yards and Vince was 2/3 and (I can only assume) got hurt. For what it's worth.

(-270) Philadelphia Eagles (-6.5)
(+230) DETROIT LIONS
O/U 41
I've seen a lot of people saying Vick was only great because Green Bay didn't have time to prepare for him. Since when has anyone been able to really prepare for Michael Vick? Good luck, Coach Schwartz. Eagles 27 Lions 13

(+265) Chicago Bears
(-330) DALLAS COWBOYS (-7)
O/U 40.5
I wish I could coach this Cowboys team, just for a game, to show how miserable a job is being done. Not even coach, just call the offensive plays. Bears 17 Cowboys 31

(+170) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
(-200) CAROLINA PANTHERS (-3)
O/U 39
Matt Moore vs Josh Freeman. Oohh! Panthers 17 Buccaneers 16

(+235) Arizona Cardinals
(-200) ATLANTA FALCONS (-3)
O/U 43
Part of me wants to take Arizona here, because I still like (some of) their defense. But I've stated my feelings on Atlanta this year. And DEREK ANDERSON. Cardinals 14 Falcons 27

(+215) Miami Dolphins
(-255) MINNESOTA VIKINGS (-6)
O/U 39
The Vikes offense looked very pedestrian playing against the Saints and Stripes. The Dolphins looked a bit worse against the Bills... Dolphins 13 Vikings 17

(+165) St. Louis Rams
(-190) OAKLAND RAIDERS (-3.5)
O/U 37.5
I know the Raiders got shellacked by VY and CJ2(.5)K but this is a whole other ballgame, so to speak. They make a (minor) statement here, Rams 7 Raiders 27

(+165) Seattle Seahawks
(-190) DENVER BRONCOS (-3.5)
O/U 40
Seattle? What? No real clue what to make of this game. I'll take Denver because they're at home and Orton did a lot more than I expected him to last week (Jags or not), tho who knows? Seahawks 24 Broncos 27

(-140) Houston Texans (-3)
(+120) WASHINGTON REDSKINS
O/U 43.5
I can only assume that O/U means Vegas knows Vincent Jackson is gonna be traded between now and Sunday and then somehow be able to suit up for us by game time. I really want to take my Skins... Texans 21 Redskins 17

(+265) Jacksonville Jaguars
(-330) SAN DIEGO CHARGERS (-7)
O/U 45.5
MJD should have a nice game Jaguars 20 Chargers 38

(-155) New England Patriots (-3)
(+135) NEW YORK JETS
O/U 38.5
This is probably my dumbest pick of the weekend. Mark Sanchez is a joke of a quarterback, but I think Shonn Greene will come back something fierce. Moss will get lost on Revis Island, but Patriots 24 Jets 23. Yep, dumbest of the weekend, easy.

(+205) New York Football Giants
(-245) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (-6)
O/U 48.5
Initially I figured it was foolish to bet against Peyton Manning in prime time. Then I remembered how badly last week went, and how much better the G-Men match up than does Houston. Giants 38 Colts 34. I still like Peyton to work some magic.

(-255) New Orleans Saints (-6)
(+215) SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
O/U 44
San Fran really shit the bed last week. I mean REALLY shit the bed. I'm gonna cautiously go Saints 31 49ers 16 but the 9ers are much better than that on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment