Wednesday, September 8, 2010

NFL Week 1 Bettor's Guide

Home teams in CAPS, for those too dumb to figure it out on their own. Fuck a intro

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 9

(+200) Minnesota Vikings
(-240) NEW ORLEANS SAINTS (-6)
O/U 49

The Vikes will put a lot of pressure on Brees. They should've won their playoff matchup... but bygones. Brees will tear that secondary to shreds, but Peterson is fresh, and will do similar to the Saints. It's tough to call, but I'm going Vikings 34 Saints 31

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 12

(+240) Carolina Panthers
(-290) NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS (-6.5)
O/U 41

The Giants are a lot better than the Panthers. I mean, a LOT better. But they don't have the best run defense, and the Panthers are better equipped to take advantage than anyone. Giants will win this, but I have a feeling it'll be close. Giants 24 Panthers 20

(-170) Miami Dolphins (-3)
(+150) BUFFALO BILLS
O/U 38.5

Am I missing something? Three points? Take Miami and run. PUN INTENDED. Dolphins 27 Buffalo 6

(-125) Atlanta Falcons (-2)
(+105) PITTSBURGH STEELERS
O/U 37.5

This is an interesting game. Good test of my confidence in Atlanta for this year. I'm hesitant. I'm sure Pittsburgh will turn the ball over, not entirely positive that Atlanta will. So I'll cover myself and say Falcons 23 Steelers 20

(+245) Detroit Lions
(-290) CHICAGO BEARS (-6.5)
O/U 44

For the first couple weeks, if the matchups abide, look at the Lions getting points and the Bears giving points very seriously. Because both will be great to take advantage of. Lions 27 Bears 21

(+175) Cincinnati Bengals
(-210) NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (-4.5)
O/U 45

Another early test of faith with another one of my teams. The Bengals defense is great, but they won't stop Brady-Moss. I'm hoping Carson Palmer can return to form this year (form being where he was at in '05-'06). If Benson runs effectively, it's a wrap. Either way I'm going Bengals 34 Patriots 28

(+130) Cleveland Browns
(-150) TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS (-3)
O/U 37

I stay away from these shitfest games, but for the sake of this I'll say (WhoWantsToSexAlbert's own) Kellen Winslow catches three touchdowns and leads his Buccaneers 24 Browns 21 but don't mess with that O/U either.

(+115) Denver Broncos
(-135) JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS (-2.5)
O/U 39.5

Another shitfest. I'm lookin for a good game from Knowshon Moreno, who is reportedly nearing 100% after partially tearing his hamstring. Interested to see how he does. On a baseless hunch, Broncos 27 Jaguars 34 but again, stay away.

(-140) Indianapolis Colts (-2.5)
(+120) HOUSTON TEXANS
O/U 47

This WILL go over. And Peyton WILL NOT lose. Colts 38 Texans 34

(+225) Oakland Raiders
(-265) TENNESSEE TITANS (-6.5)
O/U 40.5

Oakland is another team to jump on early while Vegas is still giving 'em points. Had the Titans been able to pull off a Haynesworth trade I'd give 'em the win. But with the news that Michael Bush may indeed be good to go Sunday, they're officially taking this one, Raiders 28 Titans 20

(-155) Green Bay Packers (-3)
(+135) PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
O/U 48

Child please. Rodgers begins his MVP quest. Packers 45 Eagles 27

(-150) San Francisco 49ers (-2.5)
(+130) SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
O/U 37

Frank Gore begins an MVP quest of his own. 49ers 31 Seahawks 10

(-210) Arizona Cardinals (-4)
(+175) ST LOUIS RAMS
O/U 39

The NFC West is a bad joke. But I like AZ's defense a little, so Cardinals 16 Rams 6

(-200) Dallas Cowboys (-3.5)
(+170) WASHINGTON REDSKINS
O/U 40

Sucks that our home Cowgirls game is week one. In all honesty, I don't see this being close at all. I wish I had better things to say about my Skins. Cowboys 27 Redskins 16

**EDIT** Dallas won't have two starting o-linemen, which gives the Skins a much better shot. I won't go back and change my pick, just sayin..

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 13

(+110) Baltimore Ravens
(-130) NEW YORK JETS (-2)
O/U 35.5

I know Flacco put up some numbers last year, but I still have reservations. Sanchez is in for a hellish night, but I still like the Jets' D in this one. Jets 16 Ravens 13. I'm not sure about this game at all, and if the Ravens put up yardage on Monday, they're winning the AFC, barring injury.

(-220) San Diego Chargers (-4.5)
(+180) KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
O/U 45

I love what KC is doing, on both sides of the ball (other than the whole Matt Cassel thing). I love Jamaal Charles, Thomas Jones is a good change of pace, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Dexter McCluster performs (though I probably should contain expectations, especially early on in the season). The Chargers will put up points, but I like KC here. Chiefs 34 Chargers 31

Get some.

No comments:

Post a Comment