Saturday, June 19, 2010

2010 NBA Draft & Offseason Preview - Minnesota Timberwolves

I'm not sure where Al Jefferson went this year. Maybe he went to Spain to watch his theoretical teammate Ricky Rubio, I dunno. What I do know is that this team is really bad, even with the few talented players they have. So what to do?

Draft
-Round 1 Pick 4 (4) - DeMarcus Cousins is out, unless I want another hefty big man who doesn't dare challenge the laws of gravity. The ideal pick is Wes Johnson, so if he's here, he's the guy.
-Round 1 Pick 16 (16) - I'm looking for a shot-blocker here, so Larry Sanders or Hassan Whiteside would be fine for me.
-Round 1 Pick 23 (23) - I need some scoring, so possibly Dominique Jones, Jordan Crawford, Elliot Williams. Or Stanley Robinson, who would provide great value here, as he's one of the most undervalued players in this draft.
-Round 2 Pick 15 (45) - Unless someone takes a DeJuan Blair-esque fall, it's time to take someone to stash overseas. I don't know anything about the foreigners, however.
-Round 2 Pick 26 (56) - Take a flyer on an underwhelming college player or stash another foreigner. Decisions, decisions.

Free Agency
Good luck trying to convince anyone to come to Minnesota. One caveat being the near-necessity of trading either Al Jefferson or Kevin Love, which could make things very interesting either during the draft (he'd be an interesting fit in New Jersey) or after.

2010-2011 Season Outlook
This team will have a lot more talent than it seems. I just don't see it coming together.

No comments:

Post a Comment