Sunday, June 20, 2010

2010 NBA Draft & Offseason Preview - Golden State Warriors

I'd be doing all I can to trade Monta Ellis, but that's just me. He's got a ton of talent, I'm just not really sure who would want him, unless he's fine coming off the bench (which he's not). There's no cap space to work with and no desirable contracts to trade with. At least they have a good draft pick.

Draft
-Round 1 Pick 6 (6) - People seem to be saying whichever one of DeMarcus Cousins or Greg Moroe falls is the pick. This team may be bad, but it has an identity: RUN RUN RUN. Neither Cousins nor Monroe really fits here. Al-Farouq Aminu does, however. He's the selection.
-Round 2 Pick 4 (34) - I don't know what to do with this roster. I guess take Trevor Booker or Jarvis Varnado and run. No pun intended. Or possibly take a look at Lance Stephenson. He'd provide toughness and the size to actually defend at the 2.

Free Agency
No money. No hope.

2010-2011 Season Outlook
Not great, but who knows. Stephen Curry is the real deal, and if you give him Aminu along with healthy Kelenna Azubuiki and Andris Biedrins to run with, he could do some damage. And as far away from conducive-to-winning as I feel having Monta Ellis in your starting lineup is, he's still very talented. So they'll be exciting to watch, definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment