Monday, June 21, 2010

2010 NBA Draft & Offseason Preview - Indiana Pacers

The Pacers have Danny Granger, Troy Murphy and Roy Hibbert, and nobody else who belongs in an NBA rotation. What they do have is a bunch of players in their last year of their deals. Bill Simmons is wetting himself as we speak over the chance to write about Murphy's expiring deal. Mike Dunleavy Jr, too. I'm shaking with anticipation.

Draft
-Round 1 Pick 10 (10) - By the sounds of it, this pick will be moved for a point guard, whether it's Devin Harris, Ty Lawson, Darren Collison, or someone else. If the pick does stay here I'm taking Patrick Patterson. I've been on his bandwagon since he came out of high school, and I think he's criminally underrated now. If not Patterson, then Avery Bradley, who impressed me early in the season (then fell off when Texas did). He'll be a decent fit at PG, or at least be a great combo-guard off the bench.
-Round 2 Pick 10 (40) - This really could be anyone, as I said this team has holes everywhere. Possibly Jerome Jordan, to provide some depth at center.
-Round 2 Pick 27 (57) - Best available.

Free Agency
No money, but who would want to sign here?

2010-2011 Season Outlook
I don't see this team getting much better, unless they make some major trades with all their expiring deals. I feel bad for Danny Granger, he deserves better.

No comments:

Post a Comment