Saturday, June 19, 2010

2010 NBA Draft & Offseason Preview - Philadelphia 76ers

The rest of these will be quick. Philly has put themselves in awful position to do anything for a while, and they're doomed to mediocrity, assuming they play their cards right.

Draft
Round 1 Pick 2 - Evan Turner, Derrick Favors, DeMarcus Cousins, Wes Johnson. I know the assumption has always been Turner, I know new head coach Doug Collins reportedly likes Favors, I know Cousins has the most enigmatic future of the bunch, and I know Johnson is probably the most overlooked. I'm doing whatever I can to package the pick with Elton Brand so I can move down and take any of the mentioned four, or more likely one of any number of the lesser prospects.

Free Agency
Nothing. Sorry, Philly fans. By the way, do they exist, outside of Philly and since Allen Iverson, I mean.

2010-2011 Season Outlook
Pretty bad. At least they'll be in the running for Harrison Barnes next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment