Wednesday, June 23, 2010

2010 NBA Draft Eve

I lied about doing all 30 teams. It was fun, but ultimately pointless since I don't speak to the teams/players and I after the top 30-or-so American players and a few more down the list, I don't know enough about these guys to make proper evaluations. So I'm gonna run through each team that could potentially make a move or two that I'd love to see happen.

Atlanta - CHRIS PAUL. Trade Al Horford, Marvin Williams and your next 10 first rounders. Now is your chance to make up for that debacle of a decision!
Chicago - I've convinced myself that LeBron would be a mistake in tandem with Derrick Rose. It wouldn't. But I still want him to go somewhere to play point guard. Chris Bosh, on the other hand, would be ideal. Add in Joe Johnson or Rudy Gay, and you have a dynasty-in-the-making.
Detroit - DeMarcus Cousins and the Detroit Pistons deserve each other. I'll be pissed if Cousins' potential goes down the drain thanks to a poor fit for him (like Golden State, for instance).
Indiana - Kevin Love. Seriously, wouldn't this be awesome? And a pretty good fit at that. Larry Bird likes this idea.
Miami - I hope Wade and Amar'e could work out. I don't think it will, but who knows. They'll need more than that, though. Solomon Alabi could be there at 18 and would help with Amar'e's defensive deficiencies.
Milwaukee - Xavier Henry and Patrick Patterson would both be great fits. I say, go after both.
New Jersey - LeBron James and Carlos Boozer. The pairing that wasn't meant to be in Cleveland is meant to be in New Jersey. That's just how I feel. Deal with it.
New York - James Dolan was once called the Donald Sterling of the east. So as much as I'd love to see the Knicks become relevant again, I dunno if I'd wish mediocrity on anyone signing there. However there's one exception: Chris Paul. If Steve Nash was Mike 'Antoni's dream come true, Paul is his messiah. Too bad it could never happen.
Phoenix - DIRK NOWITZKI. I'm rooting harder for this to happen than maybe any one single move this offseason (outside of John Wall, of course). Dirk and Nash (and Grant Hill) deserve a ring and this would get 'em all closer.
Utah - Cole Aldrich.
Washington - John Wall. Obviously. But you know what I'd really love? If we could somehow use Andray Blatche to draft Greg Monroe, too. Finding a way to nab Dominique Jones as well would be sublime.

P.S. America: FUCK YEA

No comments:

Post a Comment